This site uses cookies, by continuing to use this site you are agreeing to their use.   Learn More

counter on tumblr

vBulletin analytics


Click on the thumbnails for a larger image;  return by clicking 'Back' on the top left of the screen


We were swept in to breakfast by a flood of Germans who disappeared at 0720 thank goodness, Fried eggs and “Wieners” available plus all the usual.   Off at 0900 for drive along the coast then inland looking for Great Bustards, no luck may be because of the drizzle, however we did see a wonderful  member of the solanaceae with blue purple petunia like flowers on a spike.   Our cameras and binoculars excited the attention of the military who warned us off;  back towards Tangier where a new sort of police, checked out Anwar’s insurance and counted us.   After much posturing;  we went on our way. 

Lupin micranthus


Prickly Pear

Triguera osbeckii - note the white hairs on the calex   www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-2519829


Euphorbia and Pheasant's Eye

We took Nora and Geri to the Airport;  it was sad to break up the group.  

The rest of us went on for lunch at Hercules Grotto two had more sardines the rest Kefta.   We had three or four cats in attendance and when we left they jumped on the table and cleaned up.


Motorbike Cart



Hottentot Fig

The birders

Medicago marina

We visited the lighthouse and Peter used the remaining dirhams to buy a stone plate with fossils embedded in it from a street trader for Ann.   Probably paid too much but it was convenient.   A quick visit to some camels who allowed me to stroke them without spitting and some yellow broomrapes on the cliffs.    

Dipcadi serotinum

Convolvulus tricolor


Orobanche rapum-genistae or orobanche crenata ? by the sea on Medicago marina 

Wonderful beach entirely deserted

On to the airport;  probably the only ones as early as requested.   Two hours wait then a 2hr 45min flight to Heathrow.  Unfortunately there were severe delays on the Piccadilly Line so we had to lug the bags around the Victoria Line.   We had to be shown how to buy tickets on the machine covering all lines at Kings Cross…  We took a taxi from the station and arrived home about 12.30 with both cats away somewhere so no greeting.